See inside UNIQ You
Our Foundational Partners
How it works
Take the quiz
Get your results
"Having my questions answered by a women who lives and breathes that job opened my eyes to new possibilities I would have never considered"
Planned 12 mth launch reach & impact
30+ secondary schools & over 600 students
100+ female advisors across 20 companies
Over 300 hours of video calls
By Dec 2022
Official Technology Partner
Engage Gen Z
UNIQ YOU has been designed with GenZ girls in mind. It works becuase it:
- Engages Gen Z earlier, during Grades 9-12 In a way that resonates with them through authentic, engaging 1:1 calls whereby the content is driven by them
- Providing a breadth of real-time information by speaking with women working in these roles and industries right now
- Seeks to understand the true barriers through Gen Z’s lens through regular feedback surveys
Educate the Educators
UNIQ YOU’s method of engaging and informing educators is:
- Faster: Exponentially speeding up the education of each educator, attending 30+ calls each year across 10 industries and a variety of roles
- More current: Real-world connection ensures information is relevant and up to date
- More useful: Richer and more motivating insights than can be gleaned from traditional career information means.
A Scalable SolutionWith over 9000 secondary schools across Australia and key industries still seeing only 1-5% gender diversity growth YOY, the secondary-school career pathway pipeline needs a significantly scalable model to increase the pace of change.
Regional/Remote ImpactRecent rapid technology adoption within both the education sector and wider industries has created the perfect opportunity to break down the geographic, socio-economic and cultural barriers that exist between girls and their access to a wide variety of inspiring, but under-represented role models.
Indigenous EngagementUNIQ YOU is committed to the representation and inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander girls and young women as well as culturally and linguistically diverse stakeholders and beneficiaries.
"I wish UNIQ YOU were around when I was in school and looking at future career pathways. I believe the benefit from talking to women in real-life roles sharing their knowledge and experience, would have really made a difference, and I can’t wait to be part of this inspiring program".
Generating powerful data
The data captured through the interactive design of UNIQ YOU’s service provides HR departments rich, current and relevant insights into key barriers to entry facing young women entering their industry or workforce.
It is anticipated over 10,000 pieces of qualitative and quantitative data will be gathered in the first year of operation.
With this data, companies, government and other stakeholders are able to:
- Update HR Comms to speak directly to pain points holding young girls back
- Re-design entry-level recruitment strategies
- Make informed decisions about where to direct engagement efforts
Empowering HR teams to recruit the next generation of female talent
Board of directors
Tanya MeessmannCEO Girl Shaped Flames
Sarah ZeljkoNon Executive Director
Kristen PodagielCompany Director
Matt LeeCompany Director
Amelia EvansCFO Queensland Airports Limited
Faith ReesCEO Six Pivot & Cloud CTRL
Mark BreckenridgePresident QLD Secondary Principals Association
Wayne GerardCo-founder and CEO of RedEye
Laura BerryCEO Supply Nation