UNIQ YOU LTD (“we”, “UNIQ YOU”), is committed to protecting your personal information in a responsible way in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) as set out in the Act.
Information that we collect may include your name, email address, school and postcode. This policy supports our need to collect information and the right of the individual to privacy. It ensures that UNIQ YOU can collect personal information necessary for its services and functions, while recognising the right of individuals to have their information handled in ways that they would reasonably expect and in ways that protect their personal information.
1) Collection of Personal Information
- UNIQ YOU collects information from your initial sign-in with your name, email address, school and postcode. We will also collect information from your interaction with the UNIQ YOU Service. We do not collect sensitive information about you, as defined under the Act.
- UNIQ YOU also collects information via browser cookies where reasonably necessary for the performance of our operations and activities.
UNIQ YOU collects this data when a user visits our site for reporting purposes. This information is only used to provide aggregate statistical information to help us keep the site functional and responsive, and to determine overall visitor usage patterns. We do not use this information to identify you personally.
UNIQ YOU will only solicit and collect Personal Information which has been obtained fairly and lawfully, directly from you and is reasonably necessary for UNIQ YOU’s operations. If UNIQ YOU receives unsolicited Personal Information about you, we will determine within a reasonable period if it would have been permitted to request such Personal Information and, if so, we may use and treat that information as if it had collected it as solicited Personal Information. If not, UNIQ YOU will destroy or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as practicable.
2) Purpose of collection and use
UNIQ YOU holds Personal Information to deliver and improve the Site. Generally, you are only obliged to provide us with information necessary for the functions of the Site. If you do not provide UNIQ YOU with certain types of Personal Information, you may be unable to use some functions of the Site/Service.
UNIQ YOU may use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
The purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information include:
- if you have an educator account, sharing identifiable information with your school.
- if you have an educator account, sharing aggregated non-identifiable information with industry sponsors.
- If you have a parent/carer account, sharing identifiable information with your school
- if you have a parent/carer account, sharing aggregated non-identifiable information with industry sponsors.
- Conducting our business, for example when providing you with tailored content and opportunities;
- to maintain our relationship with you (including responding to your questions);
- to communicate information to our partners, supporters and advertisers (unidentifiable information);
- to communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development. This data will be aggregated and unidentifiable; and
- any other reasonable purpose.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
UNIQ YOU may send you correspondence from time to time regarding company news and policy and marketing materials relying on the personal information we have collected. You have the option to stop receiving any communications from us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNIQ YOU will customarily disclose Personal Information only to its employees, contractors and service providers who assist it in operating the Site, unless required to by law. Personal Information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so, in these circumstances:
- To provide you with services which you have requested;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of our industry partners, advisors, educators or students;
- To protect our interests or to comply with any law (e.g. disclosing information to a court).
UNIQ YOU uses MailChimp to provide electronic newsletters to you. It also uses Salesforce to collect service-related information from participants. It uses MS Teams to conduct video calls between parties. And SurveyMonkey to collect and process data captured from experience surveys. It may use other similar services in the future.
UNIQ YOU may also use Personal Information to plan, fund, implement, monitor, improve, regulate and evaluate the functions of the Site, to fulfil statutory and other legal obligations and to comply with reporting requirements.
3) Data quality
UNIQ YOU values information as an important resource. Accordingly, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete, up- to-date and relevant to UNIQ YOU’s functions or activities.
4) Data security
We have a range of safeguards, procedures and policies in place and we will take all reasonable steps to protect information from misuse and loss, data breaches, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure. If a data breach is identified, we will comply with the requirements of the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme under the Act.
UNIQ YOU will destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if UNIQ YOU no longer needs the information for the purpose it was collected.
5) Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
This can be done by contacting us at email@example.com
You will need to identify yourself to our reasonable satisfaction before we will provide you with your Personal Information which we may or may not have in our possession.
Although UNIQ YOU will use their best endeavors at all times, you agree that UNIQ YOU will not be liable for any privacy breach and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless UNIQ YOU for any and all damages.
This policy will be reviewed and updated from time-to-time to consider new laws, technology and processes. You should check regularly for those changes.
If you have any questions or complaints about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. USE OF SITE
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights contained in our website, associated material and the service, and those rights are protected by law including, but not limited to, Australian copyright and trade mark law, as well as other state, federal, and international laws and regulations. Except as expressly provided herein or by law, UNIQ YOU does not grant any express or implied right(s) to you to use or exploit its property in any manner.
Our intellectual property includes, in particular, the trademarks UNIQ YOU, the UNIQ YOU logo and UNIQ YOU logo, and all other trademarks, names, logos, and icons identifying UNIQ YOU, UNIQ YOU’s or UNIQ YOU’s products and services and may not be copied, used or infringed upon in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of UNIQ YOU. We are also the owner or licensee of all copyright, trademarks, get up and content in our website and the Service. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in this Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation thereof by UNIQ YOU.
If you are authorised to use the service, you are granted a non-exclusive, royalty-free, limited license to use the Service and related intellectual property rights for the purposes for which it has been designed only and the license can be cancelled by us at will without prior notice. No other licence, express or implied, is hereby granted for any other purpose.
3. YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION
You agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site (“Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your password; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any other information you provide to UNIQ YOU, and to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorised access to or alteration of the Registration Data and any other information you provide to UNIQ YOU.
5. CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using and enjoying the Site. This includes, without limitation: (a) using, or attempting to use, another person’s account without the person’s permission, (b) obtaining or soliciting another person’s password or other personal information under false pretenses, or (c) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting yourself to UNIQ YOU and the service, our affiliates, the Site’s systems, or other entities.
- Interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the operation of the Site. This includes, without limitation: (a) interfering with, defeating, or circumventing any security function of the Site, or attempting to do so, or (b) accessing, or attempting to access, any portion of the Site that you are not authorised to access. Unauthorised access (or attempts) may subject you to civil and/or criminal penalties.
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, resell, retransmit, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent any affiliation with another person, entity or association.
- Post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish any advertising, promotion, or solicitation of goods or services for commercial purposes except in any areas of the Site specifically designated for such purpose (and subject to applicable Site rules).
6. LAW ENFORCEMENT
UNIQ YOU reserves the right to view, monitor, and record activity on this Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording may be subject to review by law enforcement organisations, including in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on the Site. UNIQ YOU will also comply with all court orders involving requests for such information.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES; THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Site may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content. UNIQ YOU is not responsible for the accuracy of information contained on other Sites accessed by links from this Site and gives no warranty that the information contained on this Site or any links from this website are free of infection by computer viruses, malware or other contamination.
8. EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
10. GOVERNING LAW
12. TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION
UNIQ YOU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate, block or restrict your use of this Site or any portion thereof, for any or no reason, and without notice, obligation or liability to you or any other person. In addition, UNIQ YOU reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify any Site feature or offering, without notice, for any or no reason, and without notice, obligation or liability to you or any other person.
While we endeavor to provide accurate and timely information, the information available on the Site may include inaccuracies, incorrectness or typographical errors. Moreover, UNIQ YOU may make modifications and/or changes in the Site or in the information available on the Site at any time, for any reason without notice.
You, the user, assume the sole risk of making use of, and/or relying on, the information available on or through the Site. UNIQ YOU and its officers, employees, contractors and agents make no representations about the suitability, completeness, timeliness, reliability, security, legality in your jurisdiction, or accuracy of the information available on or through the Site for any purpose. Such information is provided “as is” and “as available” and, to the full extent permitted by law, without warranty of any kind, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, meeting users’ expectations, title, and non-infringement.
UNIQ YOU and its officers, employees, contractors and agents are not liable for any loss or damage to your computer, technology, data or other material caused by a distributed denial of service or similar attack, any virus, trojan, worm, disabling feature, malware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful due to the use of the Site or the content or downloading or otherwise obtaining any content through the Site.
You expressly agree that any ratings, comments and recommendations provided via the Site are, and will be construed solely as, statements of opinion and not statements of fact and you will be solely responsible for your reliance on such opinion.