UNIQ YOU LTD (“we”, “UNIQ YOU”), is committed to protecting your personal information in a responsible way in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) as set out in the Act.
Information that we collect may include your name, email address, school and postcode. This policy supports our need to collect information and the right of the individual to privacy. It ensures that UNIQ YOU can collect personal information necessary for its services and functions, while recognising the right of individuals to have their information handled in ways that they would reasonably expect and in ways that protect their personal information.
1) Collection of Personal Information
- UNIQ YOU collects information from your initial sign-in with your name, email address, school and postcode. We will also collect information from your interaction with the UNIQ YOU Service. We do not collect sensitive information about you, as defined under the Act.
- UNIQ YOU also collects information via browser cookies where reasonably necessary for the performance of our operations and activities.
UNIQ YOU collects this data when a user visits our site for reporting purposes. This information is only used to provide aggregate statistical information to help us keep the site functional and responsive, and to determine overall visitor usage patterns. We do not use this information to identify you personally.
UNIQ YOU will only solicit and collect Personal Information which has been obtained fairly and lawfully, directly from you and is reasonably necessary for UNIQ YOU’s operations. If UNIQ YOU receives unsolicited Personal Information about you, we will determine within a reasonable period if it would have been permitted to request such Personal Information and, if so, we may use and treat that information as if it had collected it as solicited Personal Information. If not, UNIQ YOU will destroy or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as practicable.
2) Purpose of collection and use
UNIQ YOU holds Personal Information to deliver and improve the Site. Generally, you are only obliged to provide us with information necessary for the functions of the Site. If you do not provide UNIQ YOU with certain types of Personal Information, you may be unable to use some functions of the Site/Service.
UNIQ YOU may use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, including where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
The purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information include:
- if you have an educator account, sharing identifiable information with your school.
- if you have an educator account, sharing aggregated non-identifiable information with industry sponsors.
- If you have a parent/carer account, sharing identifiable information with your school
- if you have a parent/carer account, sharing aggregated non-identifiable information with industry sponsors.
- Conducting our business, for example when providing you with tailored content and opportunities;
- to maintain our relationship with you (including responding to your questions);
- to communicate information to our partners, supporters and advertisers (unidentifiable information);
- to communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development. This data will be aggregated and unidentifiable; and
- any other reasonable purpose.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
UNIQ YOU may send you correspondence from time to time regarding company news and policy and marketing materials relying on the personal information we have collected. You have the option to stop receiving any communications from us by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNIQ YOU will customarily disclose Personal Information only to its employees, contractors and service providers who assist it in operating the Site, unless required to by law. Personal Information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so, in these circumstances:
- To provide you with services which you have requested;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of our industry partners, advisors, educators or students;
- To protect our interests or to comply with any law (e.g. disclosing information to a court).
UNIQ YOU uses MailChimp to provide electronic newsletters to you. It also uses Salesforce to collect service-related information from participants. It uses MS Teams to conduct video calls between parties and SurveyMonkey to collect and process data captured from experience surveys. It may use other similar services in the future.
UNIQ YOU may also use Personal Information to plan, fund, implement, monitor, improve, regulate and evaluate the functions of the Site, to fulfil statutory and other legal obligations and to comply with reporting requirements.
3) Data quality
UNIQ YOU values information as an important resource. Accordingly, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete, up- to-date and relevant to UNIQ YOU’s functions or activities.
4) Data security
We have a range of safeguards, procedures and policies in place and we will take all reasonable steps to protect information from misuse and loss, data breaches, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure. If a data breach is identified, we will comply with the requirements of the Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme under the Act.
UNIQ YOU will destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if UNIQ YOU no longer needs the information for the purpose it was collected.
5) Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
This can be done by contacting us at email@example.com
You will need to identify yourself to our reasonable satisfaction before we will provide you with your Personal Information which we may or may not have in our possession.
Although UNIQ YOU will use their best endeavors at all times, you agree that UNIQ YOU will not be liable for any privacy breach and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless UNIQ YOU for any and all damages.
This policy will be reviewed and updated from time-to-time to consider new laws, technology and processes. You should check regularly for those changes.
If you have any questions or complaints about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org