- Regional Background
My role is as a Project Engineer with BMD. In my six years at BMD, I’ve been involved in the successful delivery of a number of multi-million dollar construction projects across urban development, road infrastructure, bridge construction and pipe works, for both private and public clients.
At school, I had no idea I wanted to be a Project Engineer, enter the Construction Industry or even study Civil Engineering at Uni. It wasn’t until I followed my love for maths in school, which led me to where I am today – it’s the best thing I’ve ever done.
I am very passionate about breaking down barriers and empowering more women into the industry. Empowered women, empower women!
About my role
A Project Engineer reports into a Senior Project Manager. This role oversees all aspects of project delivery including:
- meeting with clients to ensure their expectations and requirements are being met
- identifying potential design clashes or issues, and implementing solutions
- managing subcontractors including procuring quotes, negotiating packages and scheduling works
- sourcing all materials required
- tendering for new projects
- managing program and financial targets
- quality assurance management and coordinating inspections and testing
- stakeholder and traffic management - liaising with clients and the local community
- ensuring safety and environmental compliance including all required documentation satisfies the company, client and legislative requirements.
As a civil engineer each day you’re adapting to the new challenges on hand and working with your team to deliver a project safely, on time and to a budget.
Truly no day is ever the same!
- Year 12 Certificate
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) with Class I Honours
- Certificate III in Business
- ADG Engineering Bursary
- NAWIC Scholarship
- NAWIC Young Achiever of the Year Nominee
- 2 Dog
15 year old me!!
My career journey
Started Bachelor of Civil Engineering
Started working as an Undergraduate Engineer at BMD
Completed bachelor’s degree
Promoted to Graduate Engineer
Promoted to Site Engineer
Promoted to Project Engineer