Ask me about
- How safety and risk drive all engineering decisions
- How to get promoted early in your career
- How to balance work and life as a Mum of 2 young girls
- International Experience
- Regional Background
I am an Electrical Engineer with 15 years’ experience in the Electricity Industry. I also previously lectured in the Engineering department of CQUniversity for 6 years.
I currently work in Rockhampton for Energy Queensland as the Engineering Manager for Earthing. In this role, I oversee a team of engineers who set the standards for earthing on our electricity network.
I am a wife, and mother of a 2 daughters. I currently balance working and being a mum through part-time work arrangements.
I have a passion for mentoring and developing young engineers, particularly women. I am excited to be able to expand this work to high-school students via the UNIQ You program.
About my role
The Earthing Engineering Manager is employed by Energy Queensland which is
the sole electricity distribution company providing electricity to all of
The role of Earthing Engineering Manager is to ensure the safety of Queensland
staff and public through correctly managing the network earthing systems. This involves
setting high quality earthing standards, solving difficult earthing problems
and providing accurate and timely advice to staff and customers on earthing
The Earthing Engineering Manager manages a team of engineers who work together
to ensure the network earthing is functional, reliable and safe. They develop
strategies, manage budgets, and ensure successful project execution. They work
closely with teams and collaborate with other management personnel.
- High School Certificate
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (1st Hons) + Diploma of Professional Practice
- CPEng and RPEQ qualifications
- Digital Design/Information Technology
- Mathematical Methods (Maths B)
- Nominated for Ergon Energy’s “Above and Beyond” awards in the category of “Working Together”
- Runner up Prize - IET “Present Around the World” competition, placing #1 graduate in Australia and in the top 8 of the world
- IET UK Award for graduating at the top of the Electrical Engineering faculty at CQU
- Seeing family and friends
- 1 Dog
15 year old me!!
My career journey
Studied Electrical Engineering at CQU
Worked in UK as part of my degree
Landed a job at EQL (Ergon Energy) and also lectured at CQUni at night for first 6 years.
Obtained my CPEng and RPEQ status
Promoted to Management