- Regional Background
I am a passionate mother of two with a love for construction and the built environment! I hold a Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration and am currently completing a Bachelor Urban Development (Construction Management & Architecture).
Whilst working in an Architecture firm, I designed small residential projects through to schools and public buildings up to ten million dollars. I gained skills in visual communications and drafting project drawings through hand drawing, Photoshop, Auto CAD and Revit.
Since joining Hutchies as a Contract Administrator, I have furthered my knowledge and skills in project management, specification and implementing best practise and standards. Furthering my career at Hutchies, I am now a Community, Diversity and Inclusion Manager focusing on encouraging more females into the construction industry.
About my role
This role is very diverse. No two days are ever the same.
Some of the tasks include:
- Assisting project teams to increase their female participation on construction sites.
- Designing and implementing female participation initiatives and events.
- Educating students, parents, and educators on construction careers for women.
- Engaging with clients, organisations and the community on industry matters.
A holistic approach is applied to this role and the construction industry as a whole. The social, cultural and heritage influences and impacts of not only the project and building users but the local community must be considered. This role works to perfect the balance between aesthetics, positive user experience and environmentally sustainable practices. Community engagement is highly valued through consultation and building meaningful relationships with clients, consultants, and the wider community.
- Year 12 Certificate
- Diploma Interior Design & Decoration
- Bachelor Urban Development (Construction Management & Architecture)
- The Building & Design Centre Graduate of the Year Award
- Interior design
- 1 Dog
15 year old me!!
My career journey
Studied at Tafe
First job in an Architecture Firm
Studied At University
Contract Administrator at Hutchinson Builders
Promotion to Community, Diversity & Inclusion Manager